Meet our Dentists
Passion and Experience
After receiving his DDS Degree from the Dental School of Case Western Reserve Ohio in 1994, he moved back to Brooklyn, New York. He worked at a General Practice Residency at Kings County Hospital between 1994 to 1995. Dr. Calderón completed a 2-year program at the United States Dental Institute, where he received his certification in orthodontics. Dr. Mike Calderón also completed 2 years at New York University as an Implant Resident. He has an extensive education and experience in implant dentistry, having placed more than 10,000 implants with over a 99.4% success rate. He established his private practice in West Islip, New York where he provides both advanced surgical and prosthetic phases of implant dentistry for his patients. Dr. Mike E. Calderón lectures nationally and internationally on implant-related topics. Dr. Mike E. Calderón is the founder of Calderón Institute.
He is a member of the following:
· Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
· Academy of Osseointegration (AO)
· American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
· Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantology (DICOI)
· Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology (DABOI)
Dr. Christopher Rypl was born and raised in East Meadow, New York. After receiving his bachelors in Biology and Psychology from Manhattan College, he started with his professional dental education at the University at Buffalo and graduated in 2017. He then continued his training as a resident in Nassau University Medical Center until June of 2018. Since then, he volunteers training the residents with both practice-based patient care and treatment plan organization. He has completed his Implant training with the Calderón Institute in the Dominican Republic and Oceanside, NY, and is currently taking the NY AAID MaxiCourse while in pursuit of his credentialing.
Dr. Rypl has been an active member of our team since November 2018. He works in all aspects of general dentistry providing comprehensive care to his patients.
He is a member of good standing in the following organizations:
· American Dental Association (ADA)
· Nassau County Dental Society (NCDS)
· Academy of General Dentistry (AGD*)
· American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID*)
· International Congress of Oral Implantology (ICOI*)
* Currently pursuing fellowship status